THE HAWKEN RIFLE:
Its Place in History
by Charles E. Hanson, Jr.
Research into the production, management and marketing efforts of the original Hawken Shop. Full length photos, detailed views, and line drawings of several fine original rifles are shown. Documents, letters and tabulations of orders are reproduced to provide a fascinating insight into their operations. 31 illustrations in 104 pages. Softbound edition, 7 x 10" format.The Table of Contents includes the following
- List of Illustrations
- Publisher's Preface
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 How It Really Began
- Chapter 3 Guns for Ashley
- Chapter 4 Hawken Rifle Production
- Chapter 5 Repairs and Sundries
- Chapter 6 Who Used Hawken Rifles?
- Chapter 7 How It Really Ended
- Chapter 8 Observations on Gun Characteristics
- Chapter 9 A Look at the Literature
- Chapter 10 Other Rocky Mountain Rifles - Guns for the Mountain Men
- Chapter 11 The Gun Trade of St. Louis
- Chapter 12 Conclusions
- Appendix A Jake Hawken and His Family
- Appendix B Samuel Hawken
- Appendix C James Lakenan
- Appendix D William Hawken
- List of References Cited
Track of the Wolf, Inc.
18308 Joplin St NW
Elk River, MN 55330-1773
Tel: 763-633-2500 Fax: 763-633-2550
2016Track of the Wolf, Inc.