This lovely hard cover book is back, in the Second Edition printing. Filled with lovely photos, drawings and facts compiled by the late John Bivins, Jr. whose gun making skills are legendary. The chapters cover the art and evolution of the rifle, immigration and trade movement, and characteristics of the North Carolina rifle and its gunsmithing schools.
Originally printed in 1968 The second edition is edited by Dr. George Shumway and includes forty new pages of photographs and details, new information from research on North Carolina's longrifle. Over 230 pages, large 9" x 12" format. Hardbound with dust jacket.Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Some Remarks on Art & Evolution
- Chapter 2: Immigration & Trade Movements
- Chapter 3: Committee of Safety Gunsmiths
- Chapter 4: Characteristics of the North Carolina Rifle
- Chapter 5: Gunsmithing Schools in North Carolina
- Chapter 6: A Further Look
- Chapter 7: Longrifles of the North Carolina Peidmont
- Chapter 8: Longrifles of Western North Carolina
- Chapter 9: Illustrations of Gunsmiths Documents & Related Items
- Chapter 10: Gunsmiths of North Carolina 1750 - 1865
- Appendix A Confederate Manufactories
- Appendix B: Blacksmiths Born Before 1811
- Appendix C Additional Longrifles
Same day shipment, when you click ADD TO CART and complete shopping cart check out. Inspect the item, return it for same day refund if not delighted. You will be pleased with your choice. You pay postage, your only risk.
Call 763-633-2500 to place your order, be sure to have your part numbers, quantities, and credit or debit card ready. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover cards.